Writing task 2 Август 2018
Task 2 Questions (August 2018)
1. For school children, their teachers have more influence on their intelligence and social development than their parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Many people believe that it is a good idea to have a dress code at workplaces. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
3. Some think that private companies should pay for pollution clean up, while others say it should be a government’s responsibility. Discuss, and state your own opinion.
4. Many people think that more having more money will make them happier. How important is money to happiness?
5. Many people believe that the use of new technology improves the lives of employees. Others think it is a disadvantage for them. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people say that sport is very important for a nation’s development, while others believe that sport is no more than a leisure time activity. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think that children should start school sooner while others believe they should not start it before the age of seven. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Some people argue that competitive sports are good for bringing together different people and cultures. Others argue that these sports can cause problems and increase conflicts between nations. Discuss both points of view and give your own opinion.
9. In some countries, it is illegal for employers to reject job applications on the basis of age criteria. Is it a positive or negative development? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.
10. Many young people regularly change their jobs over the years. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
11. Some people think that new technologies benefit the life of workers whereas some deny the statement. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
12. Scientists agree that many people are eating too much junk food and it is damaging to their health. Some people think that these problems can be solved by educating people to eat less junk food. Other people believe that education will not work.
Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
13. Some people think that companies and private individuals should pay to clean up the pollution that they produce, not the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. As more and more students enter universities, academic qualifications are becoming devalued. To get ahead in many professions, more than one degree is now required and in future, it is likely that people will take a number of degree courses before even starting work. This is an undesirable situation. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Many people are involved in sports when they are young but stop once they are adults. Why do many adults stop doing physical exercise? What can be done about this problem?
16. Some people think that it is a good idea for all employees to wear a uniform at work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17, Some people think that new technology always improves the lives of workers. Other people believe that it results in disadvantages for workers. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinion.
18. Some people think that international competitive sports such as football bring conflict between people of different age groups and nationalities. Others think the sport is helping reach understanding between people and nations. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
19. Some people think that only staff who worked in the company for a long time should be promoted to higher positions. What is your opinion on this? Give reasons and relevant examples for your answer.
20. Some people think it’s a good idea to wear a uniform at work. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer with relevant examples from knowledge or experience.
21. Some people think it is more important to spend time in developing a successful career while others think it is more important to spend time with friends and family. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
22. There is less social contact between young and old. What are the reasons? What measures can be taken?